Kali’s free writing programme for aspiring female playwrights of South Asian descent
Selected writers receive:
- 3 playwriting workshops led by leading female practitioners
- Dramaturgical support to develop their 10-page submission into a 20-minute play
- Rehearsal with actors and director
- Two public performances of a staged reading as part of a showcase for industry, friends and family
- A bursary towards travel expenses and childcare
- It is open to UK based female writers of South Asian descent* who are eligible to live and work in the UK, and who have not had a play presented as a full production.
- No previous playwriting experience is necessary.
*At least one parent must be descended from the diasporas of the Indian subcontinent
The next DISCOVERY programme will run from September 2020 to March 2021