Killer Women is launching a new initiative to support emerging female crime writers. The Killer Women 2019 Mentoring Scheme is open to UK women (18+) from BAME and/or working class backgrounds who have the ambition to write a full-length novel in the crime, psychological thriller or suspense genres. Entry is free.
The scheme offers the opportunity for four women seeking to write crime fiction to be expertly mentored, from synopsis to first draft manuscript, by four published authors at the top of their game.
1st July 2019.
THE SCHEME OFFERS
- A year’s free mentoring by an experienced, published crime writer, taking the mentee from synopsis to first draft manuscript.
- Two tickets to the Killer Women Festival of Crime Writing and Drama in London in March 2020 (worth approx £100); a great opportunity to network with leading crime writers, publishers, editors and agents. UK travel and accommodation to be paid where appropriate.
- The Good Literary Agency will read and comment on mentees’ work.
- A commissioning editor from HQ, an imprint of HarperCollins, will read and comment on mentees’ work with a view to possible publication.
- Exclusive workshops from The Good Literary Agency, Anne Cleeves and others.