The London Horror Festival and Danse Macabre Productions are teaming up once more to host the LHF Playwriting Competition 2021! As part of the LHF’s continual commitment to championing new writing, this year they’re looking for 30 minute horror plays under the theme ‘Your Worst Nightmare’.
Three plays will be shortlisted and then performed as part of the festival in front of a panel of industry professionals who will announce the winner live and officially launch the London Horror Festival 2021.
- Unfortunately they are not able to accept plays from writers based outside of the UK.
- They only accept submissions via email to email@example.com.
- They do not accept scripts written for television, film or radio, treatments or incomplete works, long plays over 30 minutes duration, musicals, or plays not in the English Language.
- They cannot accept more than two examples of a writer’s work.
- New drafts and/or amendments cannot be accepted once the literary team is considering a play.
- They can’t accept scripts that have already been produced.
Tuesday 31st August 2021 at the stroke of MIDNIGHT
Entries received after this time will not be considered.
The three finalists will be announced on 30th September.
About Danse Macabre:
Danse Macabre Productions is a theatre company working to earn horror its rightful place on stages big and small. They kickstarted with Fear Itself in 2018, a one-woman immersive horror at the Edinburgh Fringe and the London and Brighton Horror Festivals. In 2019, they staged Nancy Netherwood’s dystopian horror Goodnight, Mr Spindrift at the Old Red Lion followed by Clown, a devised physical horror-comedy in London, Brighton and at the Loco Klub in Bristol. In 2020, they hosted Ghost in the Machine, an online writer’s night of six short horrors and performed Host by Sam Essame live via Zoom ‘at’ The Space.
Danse Macabre is currently running Fearless, a free script reading service that provides feedback for horror plays.