The third Liverpool Hope Playwriting Prize will open for entries soon, providing a great platform for new comedy writing across the UK and Republic of Ireland. The overall winner of the competition will receive £10,000; at the discretion of Liverpool’s Royal Court, the winning script will be considered for production either at Liverpool’s Royal Court or another theatre working in partnership with Liverpool’s Royal Court. The judging panel may also choose to award a ‘Highly Commended’ prize fund of £3,000 at their discretion.
The competition is open to anyone resident in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, British Overseas Territory or with a British Forces Post Office address who is 18 years of age or over on the date of submission of their entry.
- Genre: The play should have comedy at its heart, and clearly exemplify the comedy genre.
- Length: The script should be full-length, i.e. over eighty minutes running time. The text should clearly indicate the intention to have an interval.
- Cast: No more than eight actors.
- The play must be written in the English language.
- Co-authored work: The Liverpool Hope Playwriting Prize is happy to accept co-authored work but this should be submitted under one name following the rules of anonymous submission as stipulated and with the agreement of all co-authors. By submitting, all co-authors agree to and are bound by these terms and conditions and each co-author will be required, if requested by the University, to provide direct confirmation that they agree to these terms and conditions.
- Plays submitted must be the work of the person submitting, and be original, unpublished and professionally unperformed (‘professionally unperformed’ indicates when a production has not been performed by a professional company paid at Equity rates).
11:59pm on Sunday 22nd July 2018
For more information and to apply please go to www.playwritingprize.com