Write an original 10 – 30-minute play and be in with the chance to have your work produced and performed in the Royal Exchange Theatre’s Den at Spinners Mill in May 2020.
The Royal Exchange Theatre Leigh Ambassadors are inviting anyone who lives or has a connection to Leigh, Atherton or Tyldesley to enter new playwrighting competition LocalTALE. There will be four winning plays which will all be produced by the Royal Exchange Theatre as part of THE DEN at Spinners Mill in May 2020. All winning writers will receive support from Dramaturg Suzanne Bell to develop their play for performance.
Monday 23 March 2019
- LocalTALE is open to anyone who lives or has a connection to Leigh, Atherton or Tyldesley. We are afraid that no other submissions can be considered at this time
- There is no lower or upper age limit for entrants
- We can only accept one entry per person (if you send more than one we will read the first one you submit)
- The play must be an original, unperformed and unproduced piece of work
- We cannot accept musicals, work specifically for younger audiences, prose writing, radio pieces or screenplays
- The play must be a minimum of 10 minutes in length and a maximum of 30 minutes in length
- While the play can have any number of characters, the script must be written for a maximum of two performers
- The entrant must exclusively own and control all copyright and all other related rights to the submitted scrip
- The submitted play must be available for production and unattached to any other theatre or company. Any scripts that have been professionally optioned, produced or published will be disqualified.
- We do accept plays co-authored by more than one writer. Please ensure that only one entry is submitted with one set of contact details.
- We will judge each script anonymously, without knowing the writers name. To help us do this please ensure all contact details or identifying details are removed from the script attachment.
- We regret that no correspondence can be entered into regarding any part of the judging process.
For more information and to enter please go to