There are four categories, with one award per category for ‘Best Play’. In addition, there is a single award, which is the companies favourite play of all of the winning plays. The winner of each category will receive a small cash prize and perhaps more importantly, their play will be rehearsed and performed by Mad Apple Collective over 2 days in August 2019.
The categories into which all entries will be allocated are as follows:
- Category One: 10yrs and Under
- Category Two: 11yrs – 12yrs
- Category Three: 13yrs – 15yrs
- Category Four: 16yrs – 18yrs
The following awards are available:
- Best Play – Category One (Public performance + £20 prize money)
- Best Play – Category Two (Public performance + £20 prize money)
- Best Play – Category Three (Public performance + £30 prize money)
- Best Play – Category Four (Public performance + £30 prize money)
- Best Overall Play (Trophy Award)
The Best Overall Play will be selected from the winners of the four categories.
Please note that they are only accepting entries from those living OR attending full-time education in the CM, CO, SS, RM, IG and CB postcode areas as we are predominantly looking to unearth talent in immediate area i.e. Essex.