Druid is delighted to announce that the annual Marie Mullen Bursary for female theatre artists working in Ireland in the fields of design, directing and dramaturgy is now open for submissions.
Named after actor and Druid co-founder Marie Mullen, the award is intended to address the historic imbalance of female representation in theatre and to support the professional development of women in Irish theatre. The bursary is open to female designers, directors and dramaturgs, who have a proven commitment to Irish theatre.
This award will provide a female theatre artist with the time, physical resources and mentoring necessary to support their work. There will be one recipient of the Marie Mullen Theatre Bursary in 2020.
The successful recipient will receive:
- A residency with Druid on a company production in 2020/2021
- One to one session with Marie Mullen on working in the theatre industry
- Mentoring opportunities with theatre professionals
- For directors/dramaturgs: a contract to act as dramaturg/direct a Druid Debut
- Opportunities to engage with the Druid Ensemble
- Opportunities to attend FUEL and Druid Academy workshops and events
- A bursary award of €2,000
noon (GMT) Wednesday 10 June 2020.