Mercury Producers will explore making work at a range of scales learning the specific skills and knowledge involved in mounting a successful production, led by Karen Goddard.
A monthly workshop, exploring the main elements of producing work independently including setting up companies, pitching, planning, budgeting, fundraising, audiences, marketing, touring and press.
• Be over the age of 18
• Provide a short statement explaining why you would like to take part (max 250 words)
• Submit a CV if you have one
• Tell us about a project that you’ve produced that didn’t turn out quite how you’d hoped and what you learnt
• Describe a piece of theatre you would love to produce and why
• Tell us about your connection with the East of England – applicants must be from or currently live in this area to take part.
Mercury Producers benefit from;
• A monthly workshop with Karen Goddard, exploring the main elements of producing work independently including setting up companies, pitching, planning, budgeting, fundraising, audiences, marketing, touring and press.
• Opportunities to participate in a number of producing masterclasses, led by industry respected producers.
• Mentoring, producer shadowing, pitching opportunities and networking events
• Invitations to collaborate with other organisations in the East of England
• Support from the Mercury Team to develop ideas to be considered for future programming.
• Free tickets and special invitations to some Mercury events
• Opportunities to collaborate with Early Career Artists and Associate Companies.
30 Jun 2022
All applicants will be notified by 15 Jul 2022.
All nine workshops will be held at the Mercury Theatre on:
– Tue 26 Jul 7 -9pm
– Tue 9 Aug 7-9pm
– Tue 6 Sep 7-9pm
– Tue 4 Oct 7-9pm
– Tue 1 Nov 7-9pm
– Tue 6 Dec 7-9pm
– Tue 10 Jan 2023 7-9pm
– Tue 7 Feb 2023 7-9pm
– Tue 7 Mar 2023 7-9pm