As well as cash prizes, they also offer publication, mentoring, writing retreats, manuscript feedback and personal introductions to editors and literary agents for winners and finalists. As a result, many have gone on to see their work broadcast and/or published beyond the pages of Mslexia, and to achieve agent representation and publishing deals.
There is a fee to enter, but bursaries are available
11.59pm (GMT), 30 Sep 2019
- Entries should be in English (or English dialect) and should not have been published or accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Entries that have won or are under consideration in other fiction competitions are not eligible.
- The Novel Competition is for unpublished novelists only. Women who have had a novel published by a mainstream or independent publisher, for any age group, in any country, are not eligible.
- Self-published manuscripts are eligible.
- Entries should not be a translation of another author’s work.
- You do not have to subscribe to Mslexia to be eligible, but you do have to be a woman. Entries are welcomed from women in the transgender community.
- We will accept entries from women of any nationality from any country.
- You may enter as many competitions with as many submissions as you like, but please enter every competition separately, accompanied by a separate fee.
- Women’s Poetry and Pamphlet Competitions 2019
- >Mslexia Fiction Competition 2019: Flash Fiction
- >Mslexia Fiction Competition 2019: Adult Novel
- >Mslexia Fiction Competition 2019: Short Story