This prize is awarded annually in memory of Nathan Robert Carr and Milivoy Ivon Webber. The competition genre and theme may change each year. This is the first year of the competition, which is sponsored by Mama Quilla Productions—Art for Change. Mama Quilla spotlights neglected human rights issues and explores the big issues of the day from a female perspective.
This year they are accepting flash fiction on the theme of theme of LGBTQIA. There is one prize of £250. The winning story will be published on this website with an accompanying illustration specially created by artist and printmaker, Raf.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Your story must not have been previously published in print or online, been broadcast, or won a prize.
- Your story must be no more than 750 words. Hyphenated words count as one word.
- Please include a title. The title is not considered in the word count.
- Whatever you like, as long as you write in the Flash Fiction genre and respond to the competition theme, which is LGBTQIA this year.
- You may enter up to 3 stories.
- Writers may be based anywhere in the world, as long as your story is in English.
4 March 2020