Speak Up is an ambitious new national co-creation project that has the potential to transform youth leadership and arts engagement in secondary schools across the country. Speak Up will work with teenagers across the country who have been most affected by the pandemic to creatively explore the ideas and issues that matter to them. This three-year project is a step-change in how the National Theatre collaborates nationally with artists, schools and young people and this is very much the beginning of the journey.
The Creative Associate will work closely with all project partners, the Touring Partnership Manager, Speak Up Project Manager and Coordinator; be a key member of the Speak Up Steering Group; as well as drawing on the support of the wider NT team of Associates.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience of co-creating creative projects with young people and/or communities
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of devising and delivering training for artists
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with a wide range of partners
- Ability to use own initiative, showing a proactive approach to work
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Friday 26th November 2021, midday