The National Theatre are happy to receive and consider unsolicited scripts from the UK and Ireland.
- Scripts should be submitted in .doc or .pdf format via email to email@example.com and all submissions receive an acknowledgement.
- They aim to respond to writers within three months.
- They are unable to provide feedback on all submissions but we aim to do so for those pieces of work with particular promise for development.
- Scripts must be full-length (with a playing time of at least one hour)
- They do not consider re-drafts of plays previously submitted to us, unless requested
- They do not accept scripts written for film, television or radio, but do accept versions and adaptations for the stage
- They no longer accept handwritten or hard copy submissions
- Musical submissions should provide a link to supporting materials via soundcloud.com or similar
- If submitting multiple plays , please indicate an order in which you would like these to be read