National Theatre Wales is offering ten bursaries to support under-represented artists working in theatre and performance during the ongoing crisis facing our industry as a result of COVID-19. They are inviting applications from Welsh and Wales-based artists who have felt marginalised within the arts, and whose practice and/or professional trajectory is at risk from the pandemic’s continued impact on the sector.
If your way forward is unclear, if you find your next steps disrupted, if you’re struggling for the time to think and perhaps feeling disillusioned with theatre, NTW wants to buy you some time.
- A bursary to ten artists of £2,500 each- This equates to four weeks at our company wage; time you can take however you’d like, before the end of October 2020. These bursaries are generously supported by the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation.
- They’re not asking you to use the bursary to develop a particular idea or produce a tangible outcome. You will have agency to tailor the bursary and relationship with NTW to your needs and ambitions. You might want access to the time and expertise of staff, our archive, our equipment, our advice or our address book.
You are eligible for a Time = Money bursary if you:
- were born in Wales, professionally trained in Wales or now live in Wales;
- have a protected characteristic or economically disadvantaged background;
- and have experience or ambition of working in theatre
5PM, Sunday 26th July.