New Creatives North is an exciting talent development scheme that offers opportunities for creators to be mentored by experienced artists to make new artistic works in film, audio or interactive media, designed for BBC channels and platforms.
New Creatives is co-funded by Arts Council England and BBC Arts, Tyneside Cinema are leading the programme in the North of England, where they will support artists aged 16 to 30 to bring to their original ideas to life through film, audio or interactive artworks.
They are currently accepting pitches for short audio commissions
- works that represent creative storytelling in its broadest sense. They want stylistic innovation – for you to push boundaries and to create works that can surprise listeners with their inventiveness and ingenuity.
- They’re interested in works ranging from the very short – micro-storytelling of 1 minute or less – to audio pieces of up to 15 minutes.
- Works can be episodic stories, soundscapes, audio storytelling and can include spoken word, performance, drama, music, sound art, and any or all combinations that convey the idea in the best way.
- They’re also looking for ideas that reflect experience and places so that we can build a rich and diverse portfolio of audio works.
- The only kinds of ideas they’re not looking for are journalism or current affairs documentary.
- In addition, we will also be considering the feasibility of producing your work within the resources we have available.