- submitted plays should be previously unproduced (we will consider plays that have had readings before but are still in development)
- plays should have a cast size of 2-8
- plays should have a running time of 30 to 120 minutes
- we will only accept one submission per writer each year
- we are interested in plays from playwrights based in Ireland, and Irish playwrights around the world
- we ask that the writers of the chosen plays attend the reading of their play towards its further development and to be present for a post-reading Q&A with the audience
- there is no fee for submissions
- while they are open to all styles and subjects, we do have a preference for narrative and character-driven stories. Plays will be selected based on their originality, range, production potential, narrative quality and emotional resonance
Sunday April 26 2020 (12 midnight GMT).
The writers of the plays that have been shortlisted will be contacted in September and will be asked to send any updated version of their play, as this will be the final version considered and the version read at the festival if chosen.
The invited plays will be announced in October.