With the opportunity to win £6,000, this competition is open to all writers aged 16 and over with an unproduced stage play script. Deadline for entries 17.00 (GMT), Wednesday 31 May 2017
Following writer Nick Darke’s death the Nick Darke Award was conceived in 2006 by his wife, the artist and film-maker Jane Darke, with the support of his family. Nick Darke wrote in many forms but earned his living in the world of theatre, screen and radio.
The Award is funded by Falmouth University through the Academy of Music and Theatre Arts (AMATA) and the School of Writing & Journalism. The relationship between Falmouth and the Award recognises Nick Darke’s impact across the arts and endeavours to continue his legacy through the promotion of talent.
- Applicants should submit a full stage play script along with a one-page synopsis
- All submissions should be entered anonymously, do not include a name, address, phone number or email on the script or synopsis
- Please put your contact details in the email with your submission
- Further information available in our submission criteria
- Email your submission in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please go to; https://www.falmouth.ac.uk/nickdarkeaward