Ulyanovsk City of Literature Office announces the open call for applications of International Residency Program for writers and translators from the Literary Cities of UNESCO.
June 1 – June 30
September 1 – September 30
Application deadline: March 31, 2019
- a one-month stay at the cozy apartment in the quite courtyard in the heart of the city (private apartment, private bathroom, shared kitchen; residents are required to take care of medical insurance and are responsible for their meals and household; additional guests cannot be hosted)
- expenses on accommodation, participation in public actions and the organization of the final event with the resident (at the end of the month);
- a scholarship and compensation of travel costs to and from Ulyanovsk (as agreed, in the partnership with the embassies of the foreign states and/or their cultural centers, the amount of travel costs compensation and scholarship will be determined individually with each resident before his/her arriving to Ulyanovsk after the competition is completed)
- an opportunity to get engaged in the cultural scene of Ulyanovsk.
- Interest in the Russian culture and literature.
- High/average level of spoken English.
- At least one officially published book (fiction or non-fiction) (or screenplay, theatre script or translation from Russian into another language).
- Residents will be asked to write a text (work of fiction or non-fiction) that will feature the City of Ulyanovsk in some fashion (min. 15 000 characters with spaces) and will be used in a future for publishing and promotional purposes (residents will be asked to give a permission for printing, reproduction, translation of this short text to the City of Ulyanovsk Administration).
- Readiness to present the results of the work at the end of the month at the public event in Ulyanovsk (text about Ulyanovsk and intermediate results of the resident’s literary project).
- Readiness to participate in the literary life of Ulyanovsk, including events, meetings, promotional interviews and engagements, festivals etc (unless agreed otherwise, there are no additional honorarium for these activities).
- Work on the literary project.