The Pavilion Theatre Studio Space Award is intended to enable artists and makers in theatre and dance to research and develop new work over a period of up to four weeks, through the provision of a dedicated work-space in Pavilion’s Gallery space.
Applicants may apply for a minimum of two weeks and a maximum of four weeks time-slot, to fall from 6 Jan to 4 December 2020, as available. The space is offered free of charge and does not need to occur in consecutive weeks. A member of Pavilion Theatre’s team will be assigned as liaison to connect awardees to the programme of Pavilion Theatre.
Based in Pavilion Theatre’s Gallery space, the Award provides a free, good-sized, bright workspace at Pavilion Theatre overlooking Marine Road and Dún Laoghaire Harbour.The space can accommodate individuals and small companies. It is not suitable for sets or large props.
- Successful proposals are likely to attend carefully to the congruence of the work proposed with the nature of Pavilion Theatre’s programming and the work proposed may be of interest to Pavilion Theatre in terms of future co-commissioning or co-producing.
- A condition of funding will be appropriate acknowledgment of Pavilion Theatre in any work produced or presented.
- Applications will be assessed via:
- Quality and Nature of research and development proposal and relevance to both the artist’s development of practice at that time and relevance for Pavilion as per terms & conditions above.
- Track Record of Artists Involved – the achievement to date of the individual maker or group of artists making the proposal; evidence of previous collaboration in the case of groups
- Appropriateness of space (of this size) to the needs of artists and makers
- Feasibility of the Proposal – demonstrable evidence of the following:
- That an award, if made, will allow for the significant development / completion of the proposed project or piece of work
- A credible project time-frame and budget
- Capacity to communicate and dialogue with Pavilion or its representatives
- Evidence of support including for example letters, references, referees.
Selections made: Week of 18 November
Awards begin: Week of 6 January to 4 December 2020