Pentabus accept scripts from anyone all year around, apart from the weeks when they are recruiting our Writer in Residence, which has specific submission criteria.
- They want to hear from everyone – from writers and theatre-makers from all backgrounds and skill levels.
- They’re particularly interested in hearing from people who are from rural backgrounds, or have an original story to tell about rural issues or the countryside.
- Currently, they can’t accept scripts or ideas from writers outside of the UK and Ireland.
- They have limited resources and a small team, so we can only respond to one script at a time. It can take up to 4 months for them to get back to you with feedback.
- They tour work to village halls and studio theatres, to fields and forests nationally. Their maximum touring company is four performers.
- They would like to read scripts which are an example of your writing in case they’d like to begin a dialogue with you as a writer, and to give you some feedback on your work.
- They can’t produce:
- scripts with large casts,
- a lot of bad language,
- a very urban theme.
- work which has already had a production anywhere in the world.
- They can’t re-read scripts which they have already read.
- Priority will be given to artists who are genuinely rural, and those who are local to the Marches, Herefordshire and Mid-Wales.