Green Curtain Theatre would like you to help them keep those ‘summertime memories’ alive by writing a short piece that has been inspired by a photo from your album or phone. The competition is open to anyone over 18 who is member of the Irish diaspora and resident in the UK. For this competition they ask that you have a parent, grandparent, or great grandparent who is Irish.
This piece of writing can be a:
- Monologue or speech
- A poem
- A short play with no more than two characters
- A story
The best pieces will be recorded by professional actors and made available on The Green Curtain website. They may be staged at a later date, should circumstances allow.
- Your piece of writing can be a monologue (one person speaking), duologue (two people speaking), a story or poem.
- All pieces must show a strong connection to a photo. Entrants who are using their own photo should submit this with their written piece.
- Entrants who are using one of our photos should indicate which photo inspired the piece.
- All written pieces must be set in the UK although they can recall past times in Ireland.
- One the characters in the piece must show a strong connection to Ireland.
- All entries must be typed and submitted online.
- Monologues must be 500 words or less, stories may be up to 750 words. Duologues should be no longer than three pages of double spaced script.
- You may only enter the competition once.
- All entries should be original and not have been submitted anywhere previously.
We will only contact those whose work has been selected to be recorded. Please be aware that the judges may make some slight editorial changes prior to recording. This is done so that the actors can present your work in its best light.
midnight on Monday August 31st 2020.
The winners will be announced on Friday September 18th 2020.