Pint-Sized is looking for submissions for their first week-long festival at The Bunker Theatre, London in October 2018.
Each Pint-Sized showcases 5 pieces of new writing from the best in emerging talent, wrapped up with a live band playing tailor-made tracks written about the pieces involved, all with a sold-out audience and discounts at the bar.
Pint-Sized has resulted in writers signing with major agents, in meetings at major venues, in direct transfers to venues like TheatreN16 or The King’s Head, or, in the case of I Have A Mouth And I Will Scream by Abi Zakarian, an award-winning run at Vaults festival.
Feedback will be given to writers on the longlist, and to all writers who identify as artists of colour, working class, LGBTQIA*, D/deaf, disabled, or learning disabled/neurodivergent.
A £150.00 fee will be paid to writers whose work is selected with a mentor to give feedback on your work; previous mentors have included:
- Timberlake Wertenbaker
- Simon Stephens
- James Graham
- Roy Williams
- Polly Stenham
- Alice Birch
- Tim Crouch
- April De Angelis
Sunday 1st July, 11pm.
- Pieces should be 10-15 minutes, either stand-alone shorts or excerpts from longer work.
- Only one piece submitted per writer.
- No need for pieces to fit a particular theme or genre; if it’s good writing, we’re interested in it. We’re unable to accommodate huge sets or technically complex shows, but we’ll always do our best.
- No need to sell yourself in a cover letter – we read the plays separately from your emails.
- Everything we offer is free; if you’re trying to submit and come across a page asking you to pay, you’re looking at Pint-Sized Plays, based in Wales, who are lovely and good people, but aren’t us.
For more information and to apply please go to https://www.pintsizedplays.com/callout