Play Labs are open to D/deaf and disabled writers, performers and theatre makers of all levels and experience, who have an idea or the seeds of a story that would benefit specifically from being unpicked and explored with a creative team in a rehearsal room setting.
The opportunity offers successful applicants:
- One day’s R&D in Graeae’s accessible studio space
- Support from Graeae in assembling a creative team
- A budget of up to £700 to cover all artists’ fees, expenses, access costs and materials
- Mentorship and creative advice leading up to and immediately following the Play Lab date, plus the support of a Graeae director and/or dramaturg who will facilitate the Play Lab day
Deadline: 2 July 2017
- Your application will be acknowledged via email
- All applications will be read and reviewed by Graeae’s Creative Team
- All applicants will be informed of the decision by Friday 30 June. Unfortunately, Graeae are unable to give feedback on unsuccessful proposals.
- Successful Play Lab applicants will be invited for a meeting with Graeae w/c 24 July.
- Play Labs will take place w/c 4 September.
All applicants must identify as D/deaf and/or disabled.
Graeae welcome applications from artists that live and work across the UK.
Graeae welcome applications in English and BSL.
All access needs will be met. If you have any questions about access, or require this information in a different format, please
If you have any further questions about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com