Founded in 1993 by Carolyn French, a highly successful literary agent, Playwrights First is an organization which recognizes, rewards and advances playwrights of unusual promise.
They look for:
- Imagination and originality in both style and subject or point of view.
- Characters that intrigue and move us.
- A compelling action which reveals the human condition.
- Theatricality inherent in the above.
The submission period for our 2019-2020 season is from August 1 through September 15, 2019.
- One, single full-length play per playwright in English from anywhere in the world.
- Not produced full scale prior to submission. Readings and workshops are acceptable.
- No joint authorships, adaptations, translations, musicals, or shorts.
- Award:$1,000 first place and a professional reading in NYC when feasible.
- To give the best consideration to your plays they will accept only 200 entries