TalkFest Script Surgeries
For registered Fringe participants and/or Scotland-based playwrights. Writing a play and looking for some advice on how to take it to the next draft? Why not apply for a fifty-minute, one-to-one session on an extract from your play with a professional playwright?
You will need to provide:
- The title of your play
- A synopsis of your play
- The reason that you’d like to be considered for a script surgery (no more than 100 words)
- The playwright you would like to meet with (if you have a preference)
- A 30 page extract in either Word or PDF format
5pm on Friday 20 July 2018
TalkFest Script Surgeries will take place at Fringe Central @ Appleton Tower: Workshop Room on Saturday 18 August 2018 between 11am and 4pm.
New Playwrights Awards
The New Playwrights Awards provide an important professional development opportunity for five early career playwrights living in Scotland who have a genuine commitment to writing for the theatre. Comhairle nan Leabhraichean (The Gaelic Books Council) continues to support one award for a Gaelic playwright.
Playwrights’ Studio, Scotland will work with the playwrights giving them the time, space, flexibility and financial support to develop their work and help further their creative ambitions by focusing on a particular script.
Each playwright selected will receive:
- A £2,000 cash bursary
- Three mentoring sessions, over the course of a year, with a professional playwright to help them move their work forward
- A week-long retreat at Cove Park or equivalent venue (includes travel expenses and per diems)
- A day of script development with a professional director and actors
Playwrights Studio Scotland will also organise at least one theatre trip, as well as providing workshops and other opportunities to meet theatre, radio and TV professionals.
The awards will open to submission later in the summer 2018. Find out more about the application process for New Playwrights Awards here