Punchdrunk International is looking for a Writer to join an R&D team developing a new digital theatre project. This individual will be an exceptional writer and maker in the creative industries, with experience in theatrical, immersive, gaming or digital projects. The role will join the Punchdrunk creative team on developing a new production, with a particular emphasis on writing and dramaturgical work.
Fee: Up to £750 per week (pro rata part weeks) dependent on experience.
Contract: Fixed April-July 2019
The role will provide creative services and support to a first-class R&D process, including:
- Copywriting, writing dialogue, scene building and editing
- Building story worlds, writing narrative, developing narrative structures and providing dramaturgical support
- Research and reading around the project
- Contributing to project planning work where required
- A writer with at least three years’ experience in the industry working across a variety of projects and mediums
- Experience of work that encapsulates a variety of theatre, digital, gaming or immersive projects
- Well-developed writing, scripting and dramaturgical skills
- Experience of working with external stakeholders
- An interest in Punchdrunk’s work
- An interest in gaming
- Experience of working on outdoor projects / sitespecific projects
- Experience of working on participatory projects
- Fixed term freelance contract, to start as soon as possible, ideally no later than 29th April 2019; until end of July 2019, with the possibility of further extension, dependent on performance and project success
- Standard 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
- 2 weeks probation
- Up to £750 per week, depending on experience (pro rata part weeks)
- Place of work: Punchdrunk offices in London (currently Tottenham Hale) plus possible significant periods of international travel (costs covered by the project)
- All applicants must be eligible to work within the UK
- It is likely we will seek to take up one reference for candidates progressing to second interview, prior to making an offer. All offers of employment will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references
- The role will likely include international travel to the USA. If the candidate knows of any reason that would prevent them from being able to travel to USA, they should highlight this at time of application
Wednesday 6th March 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 5pm on Friday 15th March 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undertake a writing task in response to a creative brief that Punchdrunk will provide. This task is to be completed remotely and we will require responses to be submitted by 5pm on Friday 22nd March 2019
Candidates from round one who are shortlisted for round two will be invited to our offices in Tottenham to attend a meeting and workshop session. This will take place between Monday 8th – Thursday 11th April 2019 inclusive. The successful candidate will be notified by Friday 12th April 2019.