As HOME prepares to reopen, they’re continuing their commitment to finding ways to support the vital freelance artistic community by creating opportunities to celebrate and create art.
The North West region is home to the most vibrant and pioneering artists. Push Festival is our annual celebration of those who provoke, excite and enthuse audiences. They have now opened a unique set of commissions for the festival…
Call Out for 3x Theatre Commissions (2 Live, 1 Digital)
Deadline for expressions of interest: Friday 11 September, 12 noon.
For Push 2021 HOME are looking for three theatre makers, companies or artists to develop and then present a production (either live or digitally) in this year’s festival. These commissions are specifically designed for artists honing a piece already in development and getting them ready for public performance.
They are keen to hear from a wide range of people from across the region. They particularly welcome applications from those currently under-represented in the industry as a result of barriers arising from social, gender, financial, ethnic, cultural, geographic or educational disadvantage or disability.
- Artists/Companies/Theatre Makers based in the North West (The North West comprises Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Cumbria, Lancashire and Manchester)
- Applicants who consider their practice and work to be in line with HOME’s ambition to push the boundaries of form and technology, to experiment, be bold and take risks
- Artists/Companies/Theatre Makers with a clear production idea who will then be ready to stage it at HOME during Push Festival 2021 (19 January – 13 February)
- A production that fits into a playing area of approx. 9m x 9m (with masking)
- They are also looking for one commission to be made for digital presentation – the run of this project will extend beyond the festival dates.
What they’re offering:
- A seed commission of up to £4,000 funding per artist/company
- Also paid development time to work on your commissions (bespoke and on top of each commission)
- At least 10 days rehearsal space at HOME (Subject to COVID-19 UK theatre guidelines)
- 2 or 3 performance slots as part of Push at some point between Tue 19 Jan – Sat 13 Feb 2021 (Live Only)
- A share of the net Box Office from the performances on top of the commission & development fees
- High quality capture or livestream of the performance enabling the artist/company to have the opportunity to share their work to further programmers and audiences (for live performances)
- Bespoke mentoring support from HOME’s Programme and Talent Development team
- Marketing support from HOME