Queer Arts North would like to offer two LGBTQIA+ Artists/Creatives or Companies, a ‘digital micro-commission’ of £1,000 each to support the development of a new or existing work. QAN understands that audiences for queer work are dynamic and developing and are keen to support both early career and established artists and companies. They embrace a wide range of across art-form work from mainstream with a traditional appeal to the innovative and experimental.
- Explores lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual + (LGBTQIA+) and/or
- Is of interest to an LGBTQIA+ audience.
- Is created or presented by LGBTQIA+ artists.
- Is a clear development opportunity for the artist or company.
- The project does not need to be solely digital, but we would require there to be a form of digital output at the project’s completion in July 2021. This could be (but is not limited to), photographs of the creation process, blog posts, a short video etc.
- The content will be hosted on Curious Arts’ website and, if possible, on the artist/company’s own platforms.
17:00pm, Friday 18th June 2021.