Homotopia has championed LGBTQIA artists based in/from Liverpool and the North West for over 15 years. QueerCore is their formal artist development programme.
They are particularly interested in;
- Work that is broadly performance based
- Artists that are based in Liverpool (preferable) or the North West.
- Work from individuals or work from groups/collectives
- Optional: work that has a participatory or engagement element
- You should have an idea of a specific project you wish to develop; applications will be assessed on the quality of applicant and project itself. Your project could be (for instance) a show/event, a series of workshops, research, and can include elements of self-development as well.
- They will consider people we believe to have potential, even if they think the project needs development.
- Artists should identify as LGBTQIA and the subject matter of their work should explore queer/trans identities, challenges, experiences and culture.
What QueerCore offers:
- Funding support for artists fee and project costs
- Advice and guidance on getting work put on, fundraising and marketing
- Some project management support
- Access to networks including Queer Arts North, and other nation-wide venues/organisation