In a new initiative called Radical Creatures, NTW are inviting Welsh women artists to submit extraordinary ideas for live performance. As part of the process, shortlisted artists will be paired with industry professionals who will mentor them to help them develop their proposal. The winning idea will then become a fully staged production as part of NTW’s 10th birthday season in 2020.
Your idea must be
- Led by (a) Welsh woman/women
- Compelling and innovative
- Ambitious and large-scale
- Have live performance at its core and consider its audience
- New and original. That is, of your devising and not previously submitted to NTW or currently under commission with any other commissioning/production company.
Your idea might
- Explore new writing or devised theatre approaches
- Explore site-specific or conventional theatre contexts
- Include multiple artforms and be interdisciplinary in nature
- Engage with communities
- Have an international perspective
- Include a digital strand or have the capacity for one to be developed in parallel
Closing date: noon 18 January 2019
Mentoring: from 11 February 2019
Interviews: week commencing 25 February 2019
Commission announced: March 2019
Shortlisted artists will be notified by 8 February 2019, at which point they’ll be offered time with mentors, to get your idea into the best possible shape ahead of interview with the selection panel week commencing 25 February 2019.
If you’re commissioned, they’ll contact you to offer you the commission and discuss the next steps including an announcement. A development and production timescale will be mutually agreed for production in early 2020.
- Applicants must identify as a woman, trans-woman or non-binary person
- Applicants should be Welsh or based in Wales and be able to demonstrate a commitment to the development of new work in Wales.
- Submissions can be submitted in Welsh or English.
- Applicants must not be in full-time education.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
- Projects must be entirely your own work. Any other creative works, including those out of legal copyright, that are referenced or quoted in your submission must be clearly credited.
For more information and to apply please go to https://www.nationaltheatrewales.org/ntw-projects/radical-creatures/