Looking for a chance to bring your play from page to stage? Reading Week connects playwrights and audiences, giving writers the opportunity to hear their scripts brought to life in a rehearsed reading and gain valuable feedback.
Reading Week 2019 will take place in early June. Each selected playwright is responsible for putting together a team (director/actors), although they may be able to support this process. They do not have any requirements for content or style of the work, but will prioritise work that is innovative in content and form. For more information, please read the 2018 info pack.
1st April at 12 midday.
Each project should be:
- A full-length play (60mins or more)
- New writing (never previously performed in full)
- Written for theatre (not radio/tv/film)
Successful writers will receive:
- Initial feedback from our readers
- One-to-one dramaturgical meeting
- Production support from our team (marketing, producing, tech)
- 1 day of rehearsal space at the Pleasance
- An evening in the StageSpace studio to share your script-in-hand reading with an audience
- Feedback from a panel of industry professionals
- Basic technical support for the event