We’re recruiting for an Events and Administration Assistant as part of the Kickstart scheme for those aged 16-24 and currently claiming Universal Credit. Kickstart your career in the arts here!
Kickstart – Events and Administration Assistant
Hours: Part time- This role is for 25 hours per week.
Closing date: 02 December 2021
Location: Manchester, M27DH
Company: DWP Kickstart Scheme
Job type: Temporary
Job reference: V0000358296
To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old.
2nd of December
The Royal Exchange Theatre is one of the largest producing theatres in the UK, making original and ambitious productions and celebrated for their relevance and artistic risk. Based in Manchester city centre, we are a hub for artists, audiences and communities, a place where everyone is welcome.
The Connecting Team at the Royal Exchange Theatre is made up of people who specialise in marketing, engagement and fundraising. We are looking to recruit two Events and Administration Assistants to support the work that goes on within this team. You would be asked to work across three main areas;
The Marketing team promotes the work we do at the Theatre creating posters, developing the website, social media, press releases and print.
Engagement work with non-professional children and young people, older people and communities across Greater Manchester to encourage people who don’t think theatre is for them to join us, either through a course, a workshop or as an audience member.
Finally, we are a charity and the Development (Fundraising) staff raise money from businesses, individuals and grants to support the theatre.
This role will work on all events and administration across the Connecting Team including:
- Press nights for our professional productions; booking tickets, organising guests lists and helping to run the event for invited guests.#
- Supporter events for people who donate money to the Royal Exchange Theatre. Including sending out invitations, arranging tickets and organising the logistics of the event for example catering.
- Sending invitations to our non-professional and non-professional shows and taking payment.
- Supporting workshops for non-professionals both in the Theatre and in communities.
- Researching audiences and potential funders.
- Helping to write and send out newsletters and marketing emails using our mailing platform (dotdigital).
- Coordinate and organise key contacts using our online database (Spektrix)
- Putting up production and campaign posters around the building
In addition to these tasks, the whole of the staff within the Royal Exchange Theatre need to:
- Attend weekly company and team meetings;
- Be aware of other teams’ work, to help achieve the theatre’s aims.
- Work well with colleagues across the organisation;
- Engage with projects and events led by other teams;
- Work to the Equality and Diversity policy of the Royal Exchange Theatre and help to achieve the theatre’s diversity action plan;
- Have an awareness of, and comply with Health and Safety at Work and work to Royal Exchange Theatre’s Health and Safety Policy;
- Work to other guidelines, procedures and policies provided by the company; T
- Take part in working groups and training as required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience delivering good customer service
- Good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels (from funders to participants)
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask and work on a few different projects at once
- Interested in theatre or the arts and culture
- Happy to work in an office with a team
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
We will take on support from Curious Minds and Manchester International Festival, both of whom are offering training opportunities for the Kickstart Assistants.
Kickstart placements will also be given mentors within the organisation to support their pastoral and career development needs as well as their line managers who will support their day to day job roles.