Age Range: 18 – 25
£25 per term
The collective is formed of a group of young writers and performers who meet weekly to create, experiment and develop their craft, under guidance from established and celebrated poets. The 18/19 collective had the opportunity to perform a 10 minute set at The Last Word festival, perform at Hay Festival and Brainchild Festival, take part in UniSlam 2019 and go on a week-long writing residential at Hawkwood. This is a year-long programme.
Bridget Minamore and Cecilia Knapp will teach the course– with sector leading guest tutors throughout each term.
- You just need an interest in writing and be willing to commit to a year of development.
- It is important that the course has a mix of experience in every collective, so it doesn’t matter whether you’ve just won a slam or if you just write by yourself but are intrigued by performance poetry
- The project will take place weekly on Tuesday evenings, and you will be expected to attend a minimum of 80% of sessions. There will also be a number of festivals and events, particularly during summer 2019 – if you are successful we will let you know the dates of these as soon as possible.
- If you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare, they can help.
- They have places available on all projects for individuals with additional needs. Get in touch so that they can discuss your requirements
Friday 6th September.
If you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare, we can help. Find out how you can get support..
If you are using a bursary to pay for the project, please ensure you arrange this with the Advice Base with plenty of time before the start of the project.We have places available on all our projects for individuals with additional needs.Get in touch so that we can discuss your requirements and do our best in supporting you.