Applications are now OPEN for the Young Company 21/22 Year! The Young Company year will be a bit different, with the course running from January 2021 – August 2021. This will be split up into term terms and a summer production.
Fees are £200 for the year. Financial support to help with membership and travel costs to and from the theatre is available through our scheme called Arts Pot. Applications to the Arts Pot can be made once you have been offered a place in the Young Company.
YOUNG WRITERS WILL:
• Develop their writing skills through practical writing exercises and creative tasks
• Gain a wider understanding of writing for the stage
• Read work by a variety of playwrights
• Work with professional writers
• Share work with peers
• Receive feedback and mentoring from theatre staff
• Collaborating with Young Makers and Performers from the Young Company to develop work
YOUNG WRITERS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO:
• Weekly skills sessions
• Opportunities to make, watch and learn more about theatre
• Free tickets to Royal Exchange main house productions
• Access to our Facebook group which provides opportunities in the arts, information about events, tickets and work in Manchester
• Mentoring from theatre staff and exclusive backstage access
To apply, you will need to sign up and take part in an informal workshop. No previous experience is necessary, just enthusiasm and a willingness to learn!
If you’re interested in Performing, Directing, Designing, Technical Theatre or Writing, but you cannot join the Young Company, why not become a Young Company Collective member? Memberships are £5 for the year (until 31 August 2021). More details, including workshops available so far available here.