Have you got a story to tell? Are you interested in theatre or creative writing? There’s still time to apply to our writers programme.
The Young Company Writers is a year-long programme for people aged 16-25 who are interested in reading plays, writing scripts and learning about playwrights. The event is held in person, so it is recommended for peopl ein the Manchester and Greater Manchester area
As a Young Company Writer you will:
- Take part in weekly sessions led by a professional playwright.
- Gain a wider understanding of writing for the stage and develop your skills through a variety of writing exercises and creative tasks.
- Read work by a variety of playwrights and work with professional writers
- Meet and learn from Royal Exchange Theatre staff and other industry professionals including directors, writers and designers.
- Share work with peers, receive feedback and mentoring from theatre staff
- Collaborate with Young Company Makers and Performers to create a performance at The Royal Exchange Theatre.
We will be in touch in August to let you know if your application has progressed to the next stage.
Young Company Writers session held at the Royal Exchange Theatre on Tuesdays – 7.30pm – 9.30pm
Fees are £200 for the year. Financial support to help with membership and travel costs to and from the theatre is available through our scheme called Arts Pot. Applications to the Arts Pot can be made once you have been offered a place in the Young Company.