SB&Co’s Scratch Nights take place monthly on either Mondays or Tuesdays, at The Huntsman in central Bath. They allow you to hear your script or screenplay read aloud by SB&Co Actors, then workshopped by supportive audience members. Sometimes they’ll offer four to six shorts or two one-act pieces; the next month they might concentrate on an outstanding full-length play or feature film.
The first Scratch Night is on Tuesday 24 March 2020, and includes networking with a free drink from 6.30pm (for a 7pm kick-off), a fabulous guest speaker, then readings and discussions until 9.30pm – or later, if you fancy staying on.
The THEME for the Scratch Night on Tuesday 24 March 2020 is: QUESTIONS.
- The THEME for the Scratch Night on Tuesday 24 March 2020 is: QUESTIONS.
- Short excerpts for radio, theatre or screen: maximum 6 characters and 1-5 pages, so they can fit in as many scripts as possible for this first event
- Maximum of one entry per person.
- Writers must be over 18.
- Copyright of all work submitted remains the writer’s.
- It is a condition of entry that by submitting your work you agree to be present at the Scratch Night.
2pm on Monday 16 March.
Successful scriptwriters will be informed no later than 10am on Friday 20 March and must confirm that they will attend by 6pm on that day, or their slot may be offered to someone else