Seeking original, unpublished stage plays worldwide to produce in Los Angeles! Win $1,000 and optional travel to Los Angeles to produce your play with ScreenCraft.
ScreenCraft is dedicated to discovering and promoting writing talent, and their inaugural play competition is searching for emerging playwrights. Hollywood has a long history of adapting plays and embracing playwriting talent. They are seeking to celebrate the craft of writing for the theatre, and connect winning writers with career opportunities and participation in ScreenCraft’s thriving community of talented writers and mentors around the world.
While a very wide variety of plays will be considered eligible for this program, they recommend that writers submit a play that is at least 20 pages long. Play formats differ, so there’s no specific format or structure required, however ScreenCraft do request that you submit your play as a PDF file format.
- The grand prize winner will receive a cash prize of $1,000 for (optional) travel to Los Angeles
- Circulation and personal recommendation of the top 2 winners’ plays to Screencrafts network of playwrights, theatre companies, producers, literary managers, agents and award-winning writers.
- Winning project can choose to have their play produced with ScreenCraft at a local theater in Los Angeles, with an audience of writers and entertainment industry professionals.
- The runner-up will receive a $500 cash award.
- Introductions to industry professionals including producers, literary managers and agents
- Lifetime license to WriterDuet Pro screenwriting software, courtesy of ScreenCraft ($199 value) – which includes stage play formatting templates.
To apply please go to https://screencraft.org/play/