ScriptSpace is an opportunity for playwrights to hear their work out loud and get instant feedback from the audience, actors and artistic team at the Space Theatre in London. ScriptSpace is a script development service for playwrights developing ‘early draft’ work.
Each play which is submitted is read by their team of readers and provided with a written feedback report. Selected plays are offered a prepared reading at the Space, giving writers the opportunity to hear their early drafts read aloud by professional actors. The readings are open to everyone and free to attend.
- Early drafts of one act or full length plays
- Work that hasn’t been previously read (to an audience), workshopped or performed.
- The Space actively encourage applications from unheard voices and underrepresented groups.
- If pieces are selected for a reading, they expect the writers to be able to attend and therefore recommend applications from writers based in the UK.
- Some of the themes and topics we’re interested in for Summer 2020:-
- Global Citizenship
- New Love
- Thrills and Spills
- Nature vs Nurture
- The Truth. The Whole Truth. And Fake News.
- Youthful Optimism
summer season 2020 – 5pm, Tuesday 14th January