This call out is a development opportunity aimed at artists, companies and makers of live performance to support your work for a period of four months during this transitional period.
Each selected artist will receive:
- Support from Sheffield Theatres and Cast
- Mentoring from either venue
- £500 per month for a period of 4 months (£2,000 total)
They are interested in:
- How commissioning money not attached to a specific project can help an artist grow and develop creative work without a specific project in mind
- How a loose framework for development can support the autonomy of an artist to create new work and take creative risks
- If a development scheme that supports the artist, rather than the artwork, is a more useful order to develop through a changing cultural environment.
Who can apply?
- Professional theatre and live performance makers or companies from or based in South Yorkshire.
- They define professionals as those both those who are looking to make a career from working within theatre and performance as well as those already established in doing so.
Each selected artist will receive £500 per month for four months. This money can be used on anything to help you in your professional work, this could be:
- Adapting practice – ways to work in the new normal. Developing practical steps to support your work to be more sustainable in future
- Upskilling – training and development
- Professional knowledge development / networking – including mentoring, attending seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Purchase of equipment
- Supporting yourself or your business (covering costs, expenses)
- As cash match to support individual or joint applications.
- …Or if you have any other idea then they’d love to hear that too.
You could have a specific project or idea you would like to work on, but they are most interested in you as a theatre maker or as a theatre company. You can include work you might like to make during these four months, but if you don’t have a specific project or show then that’s also completely fine too.
midnight on Monday 26 April.