Slackline stories are looking for either:
– a short monologue (2-3 minutes), featuring a strong female-identifying character aged 35+
– a short two-hander (5 minutes) which will be filmed virtually and embraces that (two actors will not be in the same room, so use that in your storytelling), also featuring a strong female-identifying character aged 35+
- Playwrights who identify as female
- At least one character aged 35+ who identifies as female
- Work that sticks to the above time constraints!
- Great stories- the plays don’t have to be political, nor do they have to be female-only.
If your monologue or play is chosen, they will match it up with an actor to perform it. Slackline will virtually rehearse the work with the actor, record it, then feature it on our YouTube channel.
These plays will be promoted with the same gusto that we promote their live productions- Slackline Productions will do our best to get your name out there and encourage as many people as possible to see your work.
They plan to air a minimum of six monologues/plays but will keep going if amazing work comes their way