‘Stage Directions’ is inviting applications from a theatre company or consortium* to apply for one commission of £10,000. The commissioned company will co-create a new piece of theatre with a fixed ensemble of young people studying at Pendleton College in Salford.
Co-creation is a process in which people with diverse experiences, skills and knowledge come together and work in a non-hierarchical way. It encourages every individual to activate & contribute their creative ability as well as realise their potential to make meaningful work.
Who you are:
- You have an interest, passion or experience in working with young people in theatre activity.
- You have an understanding or experience of working using co-creation when devising projects.
- You have interest or experience in making shows which are suitable for a family audience.
- You are based in or have roots in the North or North West of England.
- You care about investing in places like Salford and using culture to enhance people’s lives.
What you’ll need:
In order to be eligible for this commission, you must:
- be over 18 years of age
- have produced or worked on a professional/youth production
- be registered as a company, or a constituted organisation. (this is to demonstrate the governance structure of your organisation)
- have or be willing to obtain Public Liability Insurance for the company or consortium.
- hold a current Enhanced DBS check (within the last two years) or be willing to apply for one.
- be willing to complete and return any monitoring or evaluation in line with the Evaluation Framework.
17th January 9am