An opportunity for freelance theatre producers passionate about working with new writers. Specifically for those from working class, and marginalised backgrounds.
The programme starts September 2022 and consists of 6 monthly in person masterclass days covering topics such as Fundraising, Contracting, and the realities of freelance producing and 5 Q&A networking sessions. The programme also includes mentoring opportunities, support and free desk space.
The programme consists of:
- 6 in person masterclass days covering topics such as Fundraising, Contracting, and the realities of freelance producing (schedule below)
- 5 Q&A networking sessions.
- Bespoke mentoring from the Stockroom staff
- The opportunity to shadow the Stockroom writer’s room as they collaborate on a project.
- Free hot-desking space
- A monthly reading list curated by Stockroom.
- Support drafting a fundraising application for a piece of new writing, with a view get having a submittable draft by the end of the programme.
- Each of the 5 successful fellows will be awarded a bursary of £1200 to support your participation in the process. There is an additional fund for access costs available.
Wednesday 21st September 2022
Starting in September 2022, a full day in person masterclass will be held on the last Saturday of the month, with the last session in February 2023.
Dates for Q&As will be arranged after the recruitment process, to ensure they work for all successful candidates, but they will fall between September 2022 and February 2023.
Stockroom produces new work for the stage. We tour to theatres around the country, bringing communities together with stories that unite us around our basic humanity. Our commitment to making work designed to travel to theatres around the UK is historic and enduring
Stockroom has always created some of the best new work in the country and we want to carry on this tradition by helping to create the next generation of theatre makers and contribute to a new, diverse canon. To this end we have invited six writers – Stockroom Artists – onto our staff, who write together, focusing on making mid-scale work for audiences across the country.