StoryFutures Academy is delighted to announce an open call to writers for submissions to take part in a Writers Room on September 18th and 19th 2019.This will be a two-day workshop for up to 10 participants, that aims to train writers in the interactive storytelling platform, Charisma.ai.
The Lab will provide an introduction to interactive screen storytelling, character-based dramas and case study examples. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with experts from To Play For (the company behind Charisma.ai) and StoryFutures Academy and a chance to learn how to pitch. At the end of the workshop, at least one writer will be selected for a paid ten-week placement with To Play For.
This is an ‘on-set training’ role that will give the selected writer/s an incredible opportunity to train in action with a leading interactive games company, and knowledge share.
- They are looking for writers over 18 years old, with screen credits or commissions in Film, TV, Games, or other screen media.
- They will also consider immersive theatre stage or audio drama credits as applicable.
- Participants need to have a passion for interactive storytelling, and have proven strength in character-driven storylines.
- No programming experience is necessary, but knowledge and an appreciation of video games is an advantage.
- Priority will be given to those interested in, available and able to take up a placement with To Play For after the Writers Room.
- StoryFutures Academy operates with a pledge to ensure 50% of participants are women and 20% are from BAME backgrounds.
- While some of the work will be carried out remotely (using the Charisma.ai software), the 10-week placement will include a number of meetings/collaborative working opportunities with To Play For and plenty of opportunities to knowledge share.
- Both To Play For and writer/s on placement are expected to feedback to StoryFutures Academy at the end of the placement.
- The writer/s also commit/s to giving 5 days of their time to StoryFutures Academy before the end of its funding period (August 2021) to share the learning with future participants.
Location: The National Film & Television School, Station Road, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire HP9 1LG
Applications close Monday 19th August 2019
Places on the Writers Room announced Friday 30th August 2019
Selection of writer/s for placement by Friday 20th September 2019
Placement to start as soon as possible, for up to 10 weeks
How to apply: Participants should register via the expression of interest form on the Writers Room page.