The acclaimed Bradford theatre company Freedom Studios are looking for experienced writers to get involved in Street Voices 8, the company’s popular free six -month playwriting course.
Freedom Studios are looking for distinctive voices and new perspectives with an ability to write and the potential to develop.
Under the guidance of playwright and previous course attendee Zodwa Nyoni (Boi Boi is Dead, Leeds Playhouse, Tiata Fahodzi, & Watford Palace Theatre), the theatre company are looking for writers who may have been writing creatively in other forms and are looking to broaden their skills. All applicants must have a willingness to take risks and try out new ideas along with a commitment to attend all course dates.
In return Freedom Studios are offering writing workshops over a period of 6 months, masterclasses and Q&A’s with experienced creatives; support and advice from theatre-makers and industry professionals; opportunities to see plays, events and performances and the chance to see a performance of your work.
- Writing workshops over a period of 6 months with an experienced playwright
- Masterclasses and Q&A’s with experienced creatives
- Support and advice from theatre-makers and industry professionals
- Opportunities to see plays, events and performances (currently this will be arts content available online)
- Performance of your work
- Safe and friendly environment to try out ideas
Sat 10th Oct, 2020
Sat 24th Oct, 2020
Sat 7th Nov, 2020
Sat 21st Nov 2020
Sat 5th Dec, 2020
Sat 19th Dec, 2020
Sat Jan 16th, 2021
Sat Jan 23rd, 2021
Sat 20th Feb, 2021
Sat 27th Feb, 2021
Sat 6th March, 2021
- Distinctive voices and new perspectives with an ability to write and the potential to develop. A willingness to take risks and try out new ideas along with a commitment to attend all course dates.
- You must be over 18 and based in Yorkshire. Individuals from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply.
- Please Note: The course will be run online via Zoom but should guidance change nearer the time sessions will run in Bradford as normal in adherence with government guidelines. This decision will also be made in consultation with the tutor and participants.
Monday 17 August, 5pm.
Applicants selected for interview will be informed by 28 August and interviews will take place either in Bradford or via zoom week commencing 7 September.