Battersea Arts Centre (BAC) is ‘Going Global’ in spring 2020. They are throwing open the doors to pioneering international theatre makers, UK artists and communities exploring global themes. From youth activism to the way digital technology is transforming lives, these innovative productions explore the urgent issues that impact us all. At a time of national introspection, Battersea Arts Centre reaches outwards, creating connections between the UK and the world.
Homegrown Festival: Going Global is part of the spring season and is our annual festival of work created by, with and for young people. The aim is to give a platform to up and coming young voices to be expressed in their unique building which, over ten days will burst with bold theatre, dance, gigs, parties and workshops exploring big ideas.
- Submit a bold and exciting project proposal that can take place during Homegrown Festival: Going Global between 30th March and 9th April 2020.
- They want to be daring and creative about what this festival can be so whatever your idea is we want to hear it.
- They welcome people from all backgrounds with different levels of experience and you don’t need to be an artist or a theatre maker to apply.
- You might be a community organisation, creative facilitator, activist, performer, poet, filmmaker or visual artist.
- They’re particularly excited to hear from those who live or are form the borough of Wandsworth.
6pm on Friday 20th December 2019.
Shortlists and meetings will take place during the second week of January 2020.
Drop-in sessions at BAC every Tuesday, 6-7pm from November 5th to December 17th. This is an opportunity to meet with a member of the BAC producing team to talk through your project and ask us those all important questions.