Take your work to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2020! The Pleasance is working with four partner theatres across the UK to identify and support exceptional artists and companies local to them who want to take work to the Edinburgh Fringe. Each partner is a leading national producing house, with a commitment to supporting and developing new artists.
In 2020 the partner organisations are:
· Bristol Old Vic Ferment
· Curve, Leicester
· Manchester HOME
· York Theatre Royal
The selected artist will receive:
- £1,500 financing from the Pleasance towards the cost of presenting your show at the Fringe
- Guaranteed inclusion within the Pleasance’s Edinburgh fringe Festival programme
- Edinburgh Fringe registration covered by Curve
- One-week minimum of in-kind rehearsal and development space at Curve
- A programming option in the Pleasance’s London venue post-Fringe
- Mentorship, support and advice from Curve and the Pleasance leading up to and during the Fringe
- Support to develop accessible performances as part of your run
Curve Leicester are looking for an artist or company who:
- comes from, lives in, or makes work in the midlands
- has a clear proposal for their show and a realistic time-line for making the work
- know the audience they are trying to attract
- could be early-career, mid-career or established
Wednesday 8 January 2020 at 5pm.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed at Curve on Thursday 23 January 2020. They will let every artist and company know whether they have been shortlisted or not by Friday 17 January.