Awarded for the best playwriting response theme of the 2020 Alpine Fellowship: Forgiveness and Retribution. Aimed at encouraging theatre writers at the start of their careers to explore and challenge philosophical ideas using the dramatic form.
The prize will be £3000 plus a rehearsed reading at the Fellowship’s annual Symposium to which the winner will be invited to attend. Runners up will be invited to attend the Fjällnäs symposium to exhibit their work, all food and accommodation covered. Travel expenses will be reimbursed up to a total of £500.
- The final piece must be no more than 45 minutes in length and require no more than four actors. The winning play will be performed as a rehearsed reading so simplicity in staging is preferred. This prize is open to anyone above 18 years of age.
- To apply you will be asked to submit the following:
- A treatment of your idea in response to the theme. No more than 500 words.
- A sample of previous work of at least 10 pages.
- A 3-4 sample pages of your proposed script or a 1-2 detailed page synopsis of your story.
1st April 2020
Shortlist (top 10 entries) announced: 1st May 2020*
Winners announced: 15th May 2020*