The Arundel Festival Theatre Trail, conceived and presented by Drip Action Theatre Company, is now in its nineteenth year. It performs at the end of August, on each of the Arundel Festival’s eight days, eight short plays at eight different venues all over Arundel – for example, in a community hall, a restaurant, a football club or Arundel Jailhouse. An audience of over 2,000 came to see the eight 2018 Theatre Trail plays. The Trail is firmly established as one of the major components in the Festival and is a great showcase for both new and established writers, both from the UK and beyond.
Writers are invited to submit plays for the 2020 Trail from November 2019. Their reading committee will select the plays that will be performed, with the best submitted script receiving the Joy Goun award of £250 at the Theatre Trail launch in May 2020.
- Plays should be between 30 and 40 minutes long, with practicable casting, props and effects.
- All entries should be submitted to Drip Action Theatre Trail 2020
- There is no reading fee.
- One play only per entrant, in hard copy (not e-mail).
- Please enclose an SAE if you’d like your play returned.
- Each successful playwright will receive a £150 writer’s fee.
31st January 2020.