Sheffield Theatres is delighted to announce that throughout 2020 it will offer a selected group of 12 emerging artists bespoke support, training, artistic opportunities and professional development. The theatres will host a Writers Group, Producers Group and a Directors Group and are looking for applications from artists who identify as one of the above.
- Applicants should be Sheffield based (within 25 miles), or have a strong connection to Sheffield and able to attend in person.
- Artists with at least a basic understanding of the theatre industry and a sound knowledge of the role of a Producer, Writer or Director
- Artists with at least two years’ experience pursuing a professional career in theatre
- Proactive, committed and motivated individuals who can make the most of opportunities offered
- Applicants must be over 18
- Applicants must be available to attend the key dates as outlined in each link below, and flexibility to continue to be actively engaged in opportunities that arise throughout the year.
- Please note that this opportunity is aimed at artists with a level of experience and insight into the profession. We offer a wide range of opportunities for brand new artists via our Making Room Network.
- They want to reach the broadest diversity of creatives and particularly encourage applications from creatives of colour/BAME heritage and creatives living with a disability.
Monday 28 October, 9am