The Barbican Young Poets is a programme for writers who have something to say and are searching for a new way to say it. This programme will feed and challenge you to produce new and exciting work as you work with with internationally renowned poet and performer Jacob Sam-La Rose as well as guest facilitators and artists who will help develop different aspects of writing and performance work.
- Receive mentorship from world-famous poets and performers
- Develop your style and approach to the written word
- Grow your critical skills in a supportive creative community of fellow artists
- Meet with a community of young artists at the Barbican and Guildhall School of Music & Drama
- Access to the Barbican’s legendary platform and reputation
How to apply
To quality you need to be;
- Aged 14–25
- Have a passion for the written and spoken word
- Be open-minded, enthusiastic and ready to try something new and challenge themselves
- Enjoy and thrive working as part of a team
- Be committed to the programme
- Don’t need prior qualifications
To apply you need to become a Young Barbican Member. If you are not, you can sign up here for free and you will also access discounted tickets to amazing art and entertainment
If there is a financial reason that would prevent you from participating in this programme The Barbican have a bursary fund available that can assist in covering the cost of travel, childcare or any other costs that would prevent your application or participation. Find out more information about the bursary scheme here.
1 September 2018.
To apply please go to https://www.barbican.org.uk/take-part/young-creatives/young-poets