The Book Pipeline: Adaptation competition seeks published books, graphic novels, short stories, and plays for film and television adaptation. There are no genre restrictions, and judging criteria is weighed evenly between concept originality, marketability in the current landscape, and overall writing talent.
Since 2014, Book Pipeline has reviewed new properties to connect with producers for development at all levels–from big-budget studio films and series, to smaller indies.
Every entrant receives general feedback on their submission, specifically on its adaptation potential. Comments are emailed after final judging is completed.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a $60 fee to enter
Winner and finalists receive one-on-one assistance from Book Pipeline execs prior to industry exposure, in addition to the following:
- $10,000 to winner, $2,000 to 2 runners-up ($1,000 each)
- Long-term circulation and promotion to producers and other execs
- Project development with Book Pipeline to prepare a film or TV series pitch
- Consideration of other material and circulation of other stories to industry
- Invitations to annual writer and industry events hosted by Pipeline Media Group
August 15th, 2020